Chain cleaning is an essential part of bike maintenance. This video will walk you through each step of cleaning and lubricating a drivetrain.
Questions or comments? Leave them below!
See all our chain videos in our chains playlist:
00:22 Tools Needed
01:12 Clean with solvent
02:30 Rinse with soapy water
03:12 Chain Lubrication
➤ Tools & materials used:
• CM-5.3 Cyclone™ Chain Scrubber –
• CM-25 Professional Chain Scrubber –
• CB-4 Bio Chainbrite™ –
• GSC-1 Gearclean™ Brush –
• DH-1 Dummy Hub –
• CL-1 Synthetic Blend Chain Lube –
• MG-2 Nitrile Mechanic’s Gloves –
• SA-1 Shop Apron –
For a text-based walk-through of this process:
➤ Fix It:
Did you know that Park Tool is the #1 resource for bicycle repair education?
• Visit our YouTube Channel:
• Visit the Repair Help section of Parktool.com:
• Check out The Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair:
➤ About Park Tool:
Since our founding in 1963, Park Tool has been the leading name in bicycle tools. Our YouTube channel is an extension of our mission to be the ultimate resource for mechanics and riders of all skill levels. Here you will find comprehensive repair help tutorials for a wide range of components and processes, as well as troubleshooting guides, tips and tricks, and information on the latest Park Tool products.
➤ More Chain Repair Help:
• The Park Tool Guide to Chains ▶︎
• When to Replace a Chain on a Bicycle ▶︎
• How to Fix a Broken Bicycle Chain ▶︎
• How to Replace a Chain on a Bicycle – Sizing & Installation ▶︎
• How to Replace a Chain on a Single Speed Bike – Sizing, Installation & Tensioning ▶︎
• How to Size a Bicycle Chain ▶︎
• How to Size a Campagnolo Bicycle Chain ▶︎ .