Questions or comments? Leave them below!
See all our chain videos in our chain repair help playlist ▶︎
00:28 Tools Needed
00:46 Tight Link
01:25 Broken Chain – Master Link
02:48 Broken Chain – Connecting Rivet
03:41 Broken Chain – Reusing a Rivet
04:27 Twisted Chain
05:22 Single Speed Conversion
➤ Tools & materials used:
• CT-5 Mini Chain Brute Chain Tool –
• MT-40 Multi-Tool –
• MTB-3.2 Premium Rescue Tool –
• IB-3 I-Beam Multi-Tool –
• See all Park Tool Chain Products –
• Connecting Rivet or Master Link
For a text-based walk-through of this process:
➤ Fix It:
Did you know that Park Tool is the #1 resource for bicycle repair education?
• Visit our YouTube Channel:
• Visit the Repair Help section of Parktool.com:
• Check out The Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair:
➤ About Park Tool:
Since our founding in 1963, Park Tool has been the leading name in bicycle tools. Our YouTube channel is an extension of our mission to be the ultimate resource for mechanics and riders of all skill levels. Here you will find comprehensive repair help tutorials for a wide range of components and processes, as well as troubleshooting guides, tips and tricks, and information on the latest Park Tool products.
➤ More Chain Repair Help:
• The Park Tool Guide to Chains ▶︎
• How to Clean and Lube a Bicycle Chain with a Park Tool Chain Cleaner ▶︎
• When to Replace a Chain on a Bicycle ▶︎
• How to Replace a Chain on a Bicycle – Sizing & Installation ▶︎
• How to Replace a Chain on a Single Speed Bike – Sizing, Installation & Tensioning ▶︎
• How to Size a Bicycle Chain ▶︎
• How to Size a Campagnolo Bicycle Chain ▶︎ .