This video will guide you through the necessary steps for repairing a bicycle inner tube using a patch kit, including self-adhesive patches, vulcanizing patches, and tire boots. We will also diagnose potential causes of damaged tubes, to help avoid getting more flats in the future.
Questions or comments? Leave them below!
See all our Tire & Tube videos in our Tire & Tube playlist ▶︎
00:21 Tools Needed
03:04 Tire Repair – Emergency Tire Boot
03:52 Tube Repair Prep
04:22 Tube Repair – Pre-Glued Patch
04:54 Tube Repair – Vulcanizing Patch
➤ Tools & materials used:
• TL-6.2 Steel Core Tire Levers –
• PMP-4.2 Mini Pump –
• PFP-8 Home Mechanic Floor Pump –
• Marker or other method of marking hole
• VC-1 Valve Core Tool –
• Patch kit:
– GP-2 Pre-Glued Super Patch Kit –
– VP-1 Vulcanizing Patch Kit –
– TB-2 Emergency Tire Boot –
For a text-based walk-through of this process:
➤ Fix It:
Did you know that Park Tool is the #1 resource for bicycle repair education?
• Visit our YouTube Channel:
• Visit the Repair Help section of Parktool.com:
• Check out The Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair:
➤ About Park Tool:
Since our founding in 1963, Park Tool has been the leading name in bicycle tools. Our YouTube channel is an extension of our mission to be the ultimate resource for mechanics and riders of all skill levels. Here you will find comprehensive repair help tutorials for a wide range of components and processes, as well as troubleshooting guides, tips and tricks, and information on the latest Park Tool products.
➤ More Tire & Tube Repair Help:
• How to Fix a Flat Tire on a Bicycle ▶︎
• How to Remove and Install a Wheel on a Bicycle ▶︎
• How to Remove and Install a Bicycle Tire & Tube ▶︎
• How to Convert Your Tires to Tubeless – Tubeless Conversion ▶︎
• How to Install Tubeless Tires ▶︎
• How to Convert & Install Tubeless Tires on Fat Bikes ▶︎ .